Raising goats without losing your mind ...No one ever said raising goats was easy, but it doesn't have to cost a fortune or drive you crazy! You just need the right information. Unfortunately you may have noticed that there is a ton of conflicting information out there about goats.
What if you could ...
- Spend time with your goats without worrying, "Is that normal?"
- Feel confident that you're following the latest guidelines on parasite control in goats
- Incorporate goat products into your sustainable homestead by fully utilizing their manure, milk, meat, and more
- Save money on groceries and reduce artificial ingredients by making your own cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and soap
- Make money by selling your goat products
- And what if you could do it all without spending a fortune on drugs, supplements, and equipment
The goal of Goats 365 is to cut through the clutter and give you the information you need. Your membership includes access to 6 courses:
- Goat Basics
- Buying goats
- Life with Goats
- Milk production
- Bottle feeding
- Milk and meat withdrawal after drug use
- Case studies
- Printable forms for record keeping
- Online forms for record keeping
- Parasites in Goats
- Myths about worms and deworming
- The latest research-based recommendations on using dewormers
- Interviews with leading parasitologists, researchers, and professors
- Alternative dewormers that work and those that don't
- Genetics and parasites
- Rotational grazing
- Bibliography of research
- The Home Dairy
- How to milk a goat -- even if it has tiny teats!
- Milk handling and storage
- Making chevre
- Making queso blanco
- Making mozzarella
- Making yogurt
- Making cheddar
- Making parmesan
- Making gouda
- How to create your own recipes
- Soapmaking ingredients
- Equipment needed
- Essential oils in soapmaking
- How to make your own molds
- Step-by-step video in cold process soapmaking
- What can you compost?
- How to use compost in the garden
- Compost bin versus pile
- How to make your own worm bin
- Hot to use vermicompost
- Homestead Businesses
- Choosing a homestead business
- Liability and legal issues to consider
- Marketing your homestead business
- How to use Facebook for growing your business
- How to create beautiful graphics for free
- How to create a WordPress website
With new videos added every month!
Go Premium + Get Unlimited Text Support
You can become a member at the basic level if you just want to access the courses and work through them on your own time. However, if you want a virtual mentor and you prefer learning in a live environment, you can subscribe at the Premium level. That means you will have access to ...
- TWO monthly Q&A video calls on Zoom -- one in the evening and one during the day -- You can take your phone out to your barn and show me something that you have a question about, or you can "attend" from the comfort of your computer and simply ask questions or lurk and listen to everyone else's questions and answers.
- Text support -- You will get my phone number and can text me with questions as they come up. (Please note that this does not replace your need to have a veterinarian. I will be your virtual mentor, not your virtual vet.)
- Priority email support -- Emails from Premium members are at the top of the queue. (Although I try to respond to all emails, I sometimes get behind by two or three days on messages from non-members.)
In 2002, Deborah and her family moved to 32 acres on a creek in the middle of nowhere to grow their own food organically. With the help of goats, sheep, pigs, and poultry, they produce 100% of their meat, eggs, and dairy products, as well as a large percentage of their vegetables, fruit, and herbs. Deborah is the author of six books, including Homegrown and Handmade, Ecothrifty, and Raising Goats Naturally, as well as her latest book, Goats Giving Birth. She also teaches sustainable agriculture courses online for the University of Massachusetts - Amherst. She has been teaching Raising Dairy Goats Sustainably since 2013 and Pastured Poultry since 2015.
What do people have to say about Goats 365 and Deborah's online classes, her writing, and her mentorship?
"I have loved having the Goats 365 membership. It was especially helpful during this past year of experiencing new things, like disbudding our goats! It was so nice to have Deborah respond back quickly to my text messages because I was so uncertain about the overall procedure. Watching videos is one thing, but actually doing it is another! I also had my first experience with mastitis and Deborah was quickly able to confirm my concerns, and helped me with getting some advice from her vet until mine was reachable! The monthly zoom meetings are another wonderful benefit! Camaraderie with other goat lovers has been a welcome distraction over these past few months!"
-- Tammy Gallagher, Texas
"I have found all of the offerings in Goats 365 to be invaluable, from the online courses to the monthly Zoom question-and-answer sessions to the individualized counseling and troubleshooting from Deborah. Deborah bases her teaching and guidance on evidence and on her decades of experience raising goats. She makes herself very accessible for questions and advice. I am so grateful for the wisdom and evidence-based information that she shares and for the care she takes in helping me with my herd of Nigerian dwarf goats. They are happier and healthier thanks to her! I highly recommend Goats 365 for any goat owner or anyone who is considering raising goats."
-- Jane Saiers, RambleRill Farm
"If you love talking about your goats, Goats 365 is the group to join! After joining Goats 365 I instantly had a wealth of information at my fingertips to read as well as Deborah’s personal experiences in raising goats. I have also made new social media friends through the Zoom meetings and have learned from their experiences as well. Deborah has so much information available by website, books, a Zoom call, a text, and even a personal phone call. With all the experience Deborah has had raising goats, it’s comforting to know (with my Goats 365 membership) that I can email, text, or call her with any questions I have. Thank you Deborah for all the work you put into Goats 365!"
-- Teresa Cole - Tomball, Texas
"These courses, Goats 101 & Copper
Deficiency, are so informative. Helps you to listen to your goats and
give them what they need. Deborah replies to comments quickly & with
ideas that help. I wholeheartedly recommend anyone with goats to enroll
-- Lisa Cotter, Nova Scotia, Canada
"In 2010, when I first considered getting goats, I was fortunate to
find Deborah's goat group, NigerianDwarfGoats.ning.com. I
spent many hours there reading through the archives and learned a lot.
Being able to freely ask questions was extremely helpful. Since then, I
have joined various Facebook groups, but this site is always my go-to
site for accurate answers and the best up-to-date information. Deborah
is very much abreast on the latest information which is so very
- Glenna R. Bowman, Vancouver, WA
having discovered Deborah's Nigerian dwarf goat forum and purchasing
her book, I found myself relying on Deborah as my online goat mentor.
When I had a mini-crisis with my goats, Deborah came to my rescue and
helped me pull through it with her knowledge and expertise. She has been
immeasurably important in my journey with goats."
-- Julia Stephens, Asheville, NC
What happens when you enroll?
- You'll get immediate access to the membership site and all five courses.
- You'll receive an email with a link to the private Facebook group and the private online community.
- If you've chosen the Premium membership, you'll get my phone number, as well as the dates and login info for the upcoming Q&As and webinars.
- You'll receive a monthly email telling you what new videos and other material has been added to the site.